Wise Owl Wellness Continuing Education Courses
Ricky Heldt, of Open Lotus Yoga in Milwaukee, WI will visit Tucson again in September. He will offer Thai Massage Levels I & II and Table Thai trainings. Take one or all 3!
Space is limited to 8 for Levels I & II. Space is limited to 4 for Table Thai.
Click here to enroll.
10 Spots Left!
6 Spots Left!
3 Spots Left!
Move Your Asana: Yoga Posture Series
Are you a yoga student who wants to build more confidence in class (or your home practice) and would like more instruction on common standing poses? Are you a yoga teacher who would like to review the breakdown of common standing poses applying anatomy knowledge and mindfulness? Are you thinking of becoming a yoga teacher but are not ready to make the financial or time commitment for a full 200-Hour yoga teacher training?
This course will cover:
- How to apply the Principles of Alignment to many common standing postures (asanas)
- How to use props to sense and maintain proper alignment in each posture
- Anatomy and physiology of the body parts affected by each posture
- The energetic anatomy of each posture (chakras)
- How to get into, hold, and get out of each posture safely, effectively, and gracefully
You do not have to be a yoga teacher to take this workshop. This course is open to the public. Registered Yoga Teachers may receive 7.5 hours of Continuing Education credit through Yoga Alliance. Students who are thinking of becoming yoga teachers, but are not yet ready to leap into a 200-Hour intensive training may apply these hours toward a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training through Wise Owl Wellness.
Yoga students will learn:
- How to adjust each posture for proper alignment & safety
- Basic anatomy that will increase body awareness during yoga classes
- Energetic anatomy that will increase sensory awareness during yoga classes
Yoga teachers will learn:
- How to lead their students into & out of each posture safely and gracefully
- Hands on Assists and Ethics of Touch
- Anatomy review
- Bring a yoga mat, if you have one. We have a few to lend at the studio.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Dress comfortably and be ready to move.
- Bring a notebook and pen to take notes and a camera if you wish to take pictures of the poses.
Tuesdays, August 6 - September 3, 2019
- August 6 - Standing Postures and Forward Bends
- August 13 - Sun Salutations and Stabilization Postures
- August 20 - Twists and Side Bends
- August 27 - Hip Openers and Back Bends
- September 3 - Balance Poses and Inversions
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM each week for 5 weeks
$150 by July 30, 2019
$175 after July 30, 2019
Drop In for $35 each session
Registration is required for this course. Enroll here: https://www.wiseowlwellnessaz.com/continuing-ed.html
Move Your Asana: Single Workshop Pass
Choose which workshop you will attend.
Each session meets on a Tuesday
6:00 - 7:30 PM
4553 E Broadway Blvd. #102 (Midstar Plaza at Broadway/Swan, next to Broadway Pizza Cafe)
Yoga Nidra Teacher Certification
Most of us do not get enough rest. As a culture, we're always connected, often stressed, and our nervous systems are constantly in a fight-or-flight, sympathetic state. Yoga Nidra is an effective and efficient way to access the "rest and digest" parasympathetic state, which is where healing happens.
Yoga Nidra is often referred to as "yogic sleep," a paradoxical state of being between sleep and consciousness that's conducive to deep emotional and physical healing, rewiring your brain, and self-exploration. The practice of yoga nidra starts with a personal intention. So while it truly depends on the intention, Yoga Nidra will help you rest, restore, de-stress, increase awareness, undo bad habits, and eventually understand your true calling and higher purpose.
In addition to the benefits of the actual practice, Yoga Nidra is accessible to everyone, can be done almost anywhere at very low cost, and is a simple way to start a meditation practice.
An entire Yoga Nidra session is done while lying down in Savasana. Learn how to use blankets, bolsters, and pillows to ensure your comfort while you or your clients/students are led through a guided meditation that will relax you completely from the inside out.
This course is for:
- Anyone who would like to learn how to rest deeply and rejuvenate the body, mind, and spirit for themselves or to share with others
- Yoga teachers who would like to add Yoga Nidra to their modalities
- Healthcare providers who would like to offer Yoga Nidra to clients, patients, friends, or family in order to induce deep relaxation and offer stress reduction
What You'll Learn:
- Definition of Yoga Nidra
- The Science of Yoga Nidra
- A Journey through the Five Koshas (sheaths)
- Breathing Techniques for Relaxation
- Applications of Yoga Nidra in Today's Busy World
- How to Lead Yoga Nidra for Groups or for Individuals
This course includes:
- A manual
- A private Facebook Group to continue your learning, share ideas and experiences, and connect with other practitioners
- A Certificate of completion
4 Contact Continuing Education Hours are available through Yoga Alliance for Registered Yoga Teachers.
You do NOT have to be a yoga teacher to take this training. Yoga Nidra is a wonderful gift to give to yourself or share with others. You will be certified to teach Yoga Nidra, if you wish, after completion of this course.
Saturday, August 31, 2019
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
4558 E Broadway Blvd. #102
6 Spots Left!
Restorative Yoga Certification
In the words of Restorative Yoga Guru, Judith Hansen Lasater, we work hard in our lives and, while we might sleep, we rarely take time to rest. Restorative yoga poses help us relax and rest deeply and completely, benefiting the body’s organ systems. Restorative Yoga helps reduce blood pressure, eases muscle tension, increases energy, and improves immune function.
Restorative Yoga can create balance, nurture inner quiet, and renew energy to help you create deeply transformative sessions for yourself and your students.
In this 12-hour training, learn the art and skill of teaching restorative yoga, including:
- Introduction to the Nervous System and the Relaxation Response
- The physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of restorative yoga
- Cueing, Props and Hands-on Assists
- Mindfulness 101: Breath Work, BodyScan, Progressive Relaxation
- How to sequence and teach a restorative yoga class or private session
- Incorporating Restorative poses in traditional hatha yoga classes
- Teacher-Student Relationship
■ This program may be taken as part of Wise Owl School of Yoga 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training or as a stand-alone program.
Designed for new and experienced yoga teachers as well as health professionals, including doctors, nurses, psychotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers, mental-health professionals, counselors, body workers, mind-body fitness instructors, health coaches, and others working in healing, helping, and teaching professions.
*You do NOT have to be a yoga teacher to take this training. You may apply this certification towards a future 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training through Wise Owl Wellness.
You will receive:
- A Certification of Completion
- 12 Yoga Alliance Continuing Education for Registered Yoga Teachers
- An extensive training manual
- A private Facebook group for ongoing support and learning
September 14 & 15, 2019
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM both days
4558 E Broadway Blvd.#102 (Broadway/Swan, Midstar Plaza, between Freedom Smoke USA & the Broadway Pizza Cafe)
$200 before September 7
$250 after September 7