Yoga Nidra Facilitator Certification
Most of us do not get enough rest. As a culture, we're always connected, often stressed, and our nervous systems are constantly in a fight-or-flight, sympathetic state. Yoga Nidra is an effective and efficient way to access the "rest and digest" parasympathetic state, which is where healing happens.
Yoga Nidra is often referred to as "yogic sleep," a paradoxical state of being between sleep and consciousness that's conducive to deep emotional and physical healing, rewiring your brain, and self-exploration. The practice of Yoga Nidra starts with a personal intention. So while it truly depends on the intention, Yoga Nidra will help you rest, restore, de-stress, increase awareness, undo bad habits, and eventually understand your true calling and higher purpose.
In addition to the benefits of the actual practice, Yoga Nidra is accessible to everyone, can be done almost anywhere at very low cost, and is a simple way to start a meditation practice.
An entire Yoga Nidra session is done while either sitting comfortably or lying down. Learn how to use blankets, bolsters, and pillows to ensure your comfort while you or your clients/students are led through a guided meditation that will relax you completely from the inside out.
This course is for:
- Anyone who would like to learn how to rest deeply and rejuvenate the body, mind, and spirit for themselves or to share with others
- Yoga teachers who would like to add Yoga Nidra to their modalities
- Healthcare providers who would like to offer Yoga Nidra to clients, patients, friends, or family in order to induce deep relaxation and offer stress reduction
What You'll Learn:
- Definition of Yoga Nidra
- The Science of Yoga Nidra
- A Journey through the Five Koshas (sheaths)
- Breathing Techniques for Relaxation
- Applications of Yoga Nidra in Today's Busy World
- How to Lead Yoga Nidra for Groups or for Individuals
This course includes:
- A manual
- A private Facebook Group to continue your learning, share ideas and experiences, and connect with other practitioners
- A Certificate of completion
7 Contact Continuing Education Hours are available through Yoga Alliance for Registered Yoga Teachers.
You do NOT have to be a yoga teacher to take this training. Yoga Nidra is a wonderful gift to give to yourself or share with others. You will be certified to teach Yoga Nidra, if you wish, after completion of this course.
Sunday, January 8, 2023
1:00 - 6:00 PM (Arizona Time / MST)
Palo Santo Psychotherapy & Wellness (48 N. Tucson Blvd., #106)
Join in-person or online from anywhere in the world via ZOOM. Link will be sent upon enrollment.