Eating Mindfully: A Course in Applied Mindfulness
Eating Mindfully: A 5-Week Course in Applied Mindfulness
Saturdays: November 7 - December 5, 2020
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Arizona Time / MST)
In this course, we will explore the Four Foundations of Mindfulness as they apply to nourishing our bodies.
Mindfulness of the Mind
- Awareness of sensations (hearing, taste, touch, smell, sight)
- Paying attention to hunger and fullness
- Noticing mindless munching
- Breaking out of autopilot eating habits
Mindfulness of the Body
- Awareness of the process of eating (picking up your fork)
- Attention on the breath
- Noticing body sensations (feet on the floor, butt in the chair)
- Savoring Taste (texture, flavor)
- Understanding fullness cues
Mindfulness of Feelings
- Awareness of feelings that prompt eating (boredom, stress, pain)
- Awareness of feelings following eating (pleasure, comfort)
- Awareness of feelings linked to overeating (shame, sadness, guilt)
Mindfulness of Thoughts
- Paying attention to your internal dialog around food and hunger
- Notice how thoughts impact hunger ("I'm so full." or "I'll start my diet tomorrow.")
- Awareness of your inner critic
- Noticing types of thoughts: judgments, dreams, beliefs
- Replacing judgment with compassion
This course is for anyone who is curious about the mind-body connection or who wishes to explore the practices of Mindful Eating.
Yoga teachers may receive 10 hours of Continuing Education through Yoga Alliance. This course may also be applied towards a 300-Hour yoga teacher training with Wise Owl Wellness.
100% online using Facebook and Zoom. (You MUST have a Facebook account to participate in this course.) If you are unable to attend a livestream or zoom session, don't worry. All sessions will be recorded and stored in our private Facebook group so you can watch and re-watch as your schedule allows. Unlimited access forever.