Thai Massage Training: Seated Position
Thai Massage Focused Training in Seated Position
Learn how to relieve stress and tension while the body is in a seated position. Add these techniques to an existing yoga class or other therapeutic session or use them as a stand-alone treatment.
This workshop is for anyone who would like to learn the art of Thai Massage. Thai Massage promotes healthy circulation, increases mobility and flexibility, and helps relieve pain.
This protocol can be offered as a stand-alone service or added to yoga classes, Thai Massage / bodywork / energy work sessions, or other modalities. You will be able to give a 30 - 45 minute session in the Seated Position after completion of this training.
Thai Massage combines elements of massage, yoga, and acupressure. It works to clear blockages in your body by applying a healing touch to the affected pressure points. The technique of massage and stretching releases tension in the limbs and muscles promoting relief from pain and improvement in flexibility. Once these blockages are removed, energy will flow freely in your body. Energy that flows freely will improve ailments and increase your overall physical and mental health.
This course is for anyone who:
- wants to be able to offer a Seated Thai Massage session for friends, loved ones, or clients
- Yoga Teachers who want to add a new modality to their offerings
- Yoga Teachers looking for Continuing Education hours through Yoga Alliance
No prior experience is necessary.
You will learn:
- Benefits of Giving and Receiving Thai Massage
- Thai Massage Techniques in the Seated Position
- Applications of Thai Massage (How to fit Thai Yoga Bodywork into your practice, yoga classes, or other healing sessions)
9 Continuing Education hours available for Yoga Teachers through Yoga Alliance.
(6 in-person hours and 3 recorded hours)