Yin Yoga Level I Teacher Certification
Yin Yoga is a deep, meditative and often profound practice. Infused with longer, more passive holds, the yin style involves surrendering into poses and exploring them for longer periods of time in order to let go of tensions stored in the body and to calm the nervous system.
Practicing this way helps to target deeper connective tissues especially around the hips, pelvis and lower spine. This practice helps us to balance our emotions, still our minds, and open the deep connective tissues in the body using various yin asanas.
This course is for yoga teachers who want to:
- deepen their own practice
- add a new modality to their teacher toolbox
- reach new student populations who need to address issues within the tendons, ligaments, fascia, and/or joints.
You will learn:
- Origin and Definition of Yin Yoga
- Pranayama and Meditation Techniques
- How to Practice Yin Yoga with Intention & Attention
- All About Props
- 30+ Yin Asanas (poses) and How to Sequence Them
- A manual with 8 Yin Yoga Sequences
Recommended (not required) Reading:
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
- Yin Yoga: Stretch the Mindful Way by Kassandra Reinhardt
6 Contact Continuing Education Hours are available for yoga teachers registered with Yoga Alliance.
2 Hour Live ZOOM Session
4 Hours Recorded Instruction
Private Facebook Group for continuing education
The next live ZOOM Session is Tuesday, October 19th at 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Arizona / Pacific Time). ZOOM Link will be provided upon enrollment.