Move Your Asana: LIVE Online Yoga Posture Series
Are you a yoga student who wants to build more confidence in class (or your home practice) and would like more instruction on common standing poses? Are you a yoga teacher who would like to review the breakdown of common standing poses applying anatomy knowledge and mindfulness? Are you thinking of becoming a yoga teacher but are not ready to make the financial or time commitment for a full 200-Hour yoga teacher training?
This course will cover:
- How to apply the Principles of Alignment to many common yoga postures (asanas)
- How to use props to sense and maintain proper alignment in each posture
- Anatomy and physiology of the body parts affected by each posture
- How to get into, hold, and get out of each posture safely, effectively, and gracefully
You do not have to be a yoga teacher to take this course. This course is open to the public. Registered Yoga Teachers may receive 8 hours of non-contact Continuing Education credit through Yoga Alliance. Students who are thinking of becoming yoga teachers, but are not yet ready to leap into a 200-Hour intensive training may apply these hours and the cost of this course toward a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training through Wise Owl Wellness.
Take this course from ANYWHERE in the WORLD! If you have a Facebook account, you will be able to access this course.
Yoga students will learn:
- How to adjust each posture for proper alignment & safety
- Basic anatomy that will increase body awareness during yoga classes
- Energetic anatomy that will increase sensory awareness during yoga classes
Yoga teachers will learn:
- How to lead their students into & out of each posture safely and gracefully
- Weekly Facebook LIVE instruction with Kristy Harvey, E-RYT, Owner of Wise Owl School of Yoga with an opportunity to ask questions in real time.
- Weekly Email with additional instruction, tips, and suggestions for practice
- Access to the Private Facebook Group and unlimited access to recordings of the livestream events for future reference after the course ends
- This course will be offered as a series of LIVE streaming events on Facebook in a Private Group. You will receive access to the Facebook Group once your payment is processed.
- If you miss the LIVE event, do not worry. You will be able to watch the video afterwards. You can still ask questions by leaving them in the comments section. Your questions will be answered during the next live session.
Live Events will occur on Sundays, November 3 - December 22, 2019 at 5:00 PM (MST)
- Week 1: Standing Postures
- Week 2: Forward Bends
- Week 3: Stabilization Postures
- Week 4: Twists & Side Bends
- Week 5: Hip Openers
- Week 6: Back Bends
- Week 7: Balance Poses
- Week 8: Inversions
Enroll before October 1, 2019 and save $75! Registration is required for this course. The LAST day to enroll is November 2, 2019 by NOON (MST).