Move Your Asana: Standing Poses
Are you a yoga student who wants to build more confidence in class (or your home practice) and would like more instruction on common standing poses? Are you a yoga teacher who would like to review the breakdown of common standing poses applying anatomy knowledge and mindfulness? Are you thinking of becoming a yoga teacher but are not ready to make the financial or time commitment for a full 200-Hour yoga teacher training?
This course will cover:
- How to apply the Principles of Alignment to many common standing postures (asanas)
- How to use props to sense and maintain proper alignment in each posture
- Anatomy and physiology of the body parts affected by each posture
- The energetic anatomy of each posture (chakras)
- How to get into, hold, and get out of each posture safely, effectively, and gracefully
You do not have to be a yoga teacher to take this workshop. This course is open to the public. Registered Yoga Teachers may receive 2 hours of Continuing Education credit through Yoga Alliance. Students who are thinking of becoming yoga teachers, but are not yet ready to leap into a 200-Hour intensive training may apply these hours toward a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training through Wise Owl Wellness.
Yoga students will learn:
- How to adjust each posture for proper alignment & safety
- Basic anatomy that will increase body awareness during yoga classes
- Energetic anatomy that will increase sensory awareness during yoga classes
Yoga teachers will learn:
- How to lead their students into & out of each posture safely and gracefully
- Hands on Assists and Ethics of Touch
- Anatomy review
- Bring a yoga mat, if you have one. We have a few to lend at the studio.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Dress comfortably and be ready to move.
- Bring a notebook and pen to take notes and a camera if you wish to take pictures of the poses.
Sunday, October 14, 2018
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
4625 E Broadway Blvd (Broadway/Swan, next to Kontiki, upstairs studio)
$25 if registered by October 12, 2018
$35 after October 12, 2018
Registration is required for this course.
This course is 2.0 contact hours Continuing Education credits through Yoga Alliance. If you are not yet a yoga teacher, you may apply these hours toward a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training through Wise Owl Wellness.