Move Your Asana: Yoga Posture Series
Are you a yoga student who wants to build more confidence in class (or your home practice) and would like more instruction on common standing poses? Are you a yoga teacher who would like to review the breakdown of common standing poses applying anatomy knowledge and mindfulness? Are you thinking of becoming a yoga teacher but are not ready to make the financial or time commitment for a full 200-Hour yoga teacher training?
This course will cover:
- How to apply the Principles of Alignment to many common standing postures (asanas)
- How to use props to sense and maintain proper alignment in each posture
- Anatomy and physiology of the body parts affected by each posture
- The energetic anatomy of each posture (chakras)
- How to get into, hold, and get out of each posture safely, effectively, and gracefully
You do not have to be a yoga teacher to take this workshop. This course is open to the public. Registered Yoga Teachers may receive 7.5 hours of Continuing Education credit through Yoga Alliance. Students who are thinking of becoming yoga teachers, but are not yet ready to leap into a 200-Hour intensive training may apply these hours toward a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training through Wise Owl Wellness.
Yoga students will learn:
- How to adjust each posture for proper alignment & safety
- Basic anatomy that will increase body awareness during yoga classes
- Energetic anatomy that will increase sensory awareness during yoga classes
Yoga teachers will learn:
- How to lead their students into & out of each posture safely and gracefully
- Hands on Assists and Ethics of Touch
- Anatomy review
- Bring a yoga mat, if you have one. We have a few to lend at the studio.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Dress comfortably and be ready to move.
- Bring a notebook and pen to take notes and a camera if you wish to take pictures of the poses.
Tuesdays, August 6 - September 3, 2019
- August 6 - Standing Postures and Forward Bends
- August 13 - Sun Salutations and Stabilization Postures
- August 20 - Twists and Side Bends
- August 27 - Hip Openers and Back Bends
- September 3 - Balance Poses and Inversions
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM each week for 5 weeks
$150 by July 30, 2019
$175 after July 30, 2019
Drop In for $35 each session
Registration is required for this course. Enroll here: https://www.wiseowlwellnessaz.com/continuing-ed.html