Restorative Yoga Certification
We work hard in our lives and, while we might sleep, we rarely take time to rest. Restorative yoga poses help us relax and rest deeply and completely, benefiting the body’s organ systems. Restorative Yoga helps reduce blood pressure, eases muscle tension, increases energy, and improves immune function.
Restorative Yoga can create balance, nurture inner quiet, and renew energy to help you create deeply transformative sessions for yourself and your students.
In this 12-hour training, learn the art and skill of teaching restorative yoga, including
- Introduction to the Nervous System and the Relaxation Response
- The physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of restorative yoga
- Cueing, Props and Hands-on Assists
- Mindfulness 101: Breath Work, BodyScan, Progressive Relaxation
- How to sequence and teach a restorative yoga class or private session
- Incorporating Restorative poses in traditional heath yoga classes
- Teacher-Student Relationship
- The Business of Restorative Yoga
■ This program may be taken as part of Wise Owl School of Yoga 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training or as a stand-alone program.
Designed for new and experienced yoga teachers as well as health professionals, including doctors, nurses, psychotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers, mental-health professionals, counselors, body workers, mind-body fitness instructors, health coaches, and others working in healing, helping, and teaching professions.
*You do NOT have to be a yoga teacher to take this training. You may apply this certification towards a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training through Wise Owl Wellness.
You will receive:
- A Certification of Completion. This can be used for 12 Yoga Alliance Continuing Education hours in Restorative Yoga.
- An extensive training manual
- A private Facebook group for ongoing support and learning
- Discount pricing on props you may wish to purchase upon completing the course to start your Restorative Yoga practice
September 22 - 23, 2018
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM both days
4625 E Broadway Blvd. (Broadway/Swan, next to Kontiki, upstairs studio)
$200 before September 20
$250 after September 20