What is Thai Yoga Bodywork?
Thai Yoga Bodywork combines elements of massage, yoga, and acupressure. It works to clear blockages in your body by applying a healing touch to the affected pressure points. The technique of massage and stretching releases tension in the limbs and muscles promoting relief from pain and improvement in flexibility. Once these blockages are removed, energy will flow freely in your body. Energy that flows freely will improve ailments and increase your overall physical and mental health.
*General Appointment Notice*:
*You must be able to get up and down from the floor unassisted.
*Do not eat or drink at least 1 hour before your appointment.
*You'll be asked to fill out a medical form and waiver. If you refuse to fill out the forms, I will NOT work on you.
*I do NOT work on anyone who is actively ill with any sort of respiratory illness. If you show up to your appointment and you are sick, I will ask you to leave and you will be refunded half price of the session. If you are sick, reschedule until you are well. Please and thank you.
*Once you request an appointment, Kristy will contact you to schedule. You will be asked a brief series of health questions before the appointment will be scheduled. Once scheduled, you'll be re-directed to this website to submit payment prior to your appointment. If payment is not received by 24 hours before your appointment, your appointment will be cancelled.
Thai Yoga Bodywork is an assisted stretching protocol. You arrive in loose comfortable clothing, preferably long pants, long sleeves, and socks. You can change at my house if you want to bring these items with you.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
You will rest on your back or on your stomach, while I use hands, elbows, and feet to release tension from the body. In addition to stretches and massage techniques, I will combine yogic breathing (pranayama or breath work), guided meditation, and various relaxation techniques such as aromatherapy or sound therapy. You will leave feeling stretched and relaxed.
- Mask is mandatory for both the client and myself throughout the duration of the appointment. No exceptions. If you are not able to comply, please do not request an appointment.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and will be used before, during, and after the treatment by both the client and myself.
- Treatment room and all its surfaces will be wiped down with disinfectant between clients.
- Humidifier and a fan will be running during the treatment to help clean the air and keep the air moving in the room. Please wear long sleeves/pants and socks to make sure you stay warm during the treatment.
- Blankets, towels, sheets will be changed between clients.