Fall Into Yoga: Getting Started with a Home Yoga Practice
Fall Into Yoga!
Build a Consistent Home Yoga Practice
It's time to begin a practice that will improve your health, reduce your stress, and increase the JOY of living in your body.
Whether you are new to yoga or a seasoned practitioner, let Kristy help you design a personal practice to fit your schedule and your needs. A dedicated home yoga practice can be a deeply satisfying experience. This is YOUR yoga.
You'll meet with Kristy once a week for 4 weeks to design your personal practice around your goals. You'll get private instruction on alignment of poses, breathing techniques, and meditation to help you be successful in starting your home practice. Not in Tucson? No worries! We can meet via Skype or FaceTime.
This package includes:
- 4 Private Sessions to help you design your own personal home practice, each session is 60 minutes
- Lifetime access to the Wise Owl Wellness Club online yoga studio so you can practice with Kristy anytime, anywhere!
- A Private Facebook Group to connect with others, ask questions, and share your journey
$150 during the month of September which is National Yoga Month
$200 October-November ($400 value)
Once your purchase is complete, you'll receive an email inviting you to schedule your 4 private sessions. You'll also receive unlimited access to the Wise Owl Wellness Club - an online yoga studio that is always open when you feel like practicing. You'll also be invited to join our Private Wise Owl Club Facebook group so that you can ask questions, connect with other yogis, participate in LIVE classes with Kristy, and share your journey to stay accountable.
This is a package valued at $400. When you commit to your practice in September (National Yoga Month), the price is only $150. If you wait to start in October or November, the price is $200. This offer disappears December 1st.
Let's Fall Into Yoga together!
Love Your Body: 3-Week Nia Series
Love Your Body.
Love Your Life.
Join Kristy Harvey, Brown Belt Nia Teacher, in the round of the Harmony Hut as we express our gratitude for these bodies that carry us everywhere.
3 Mondays in October
October 1st, 8th, and 15th
$30 for all 3 classes.
Save $9 when you purchase all 3 classes.
$13 individual class price cash at the door.
Move Your Asana: Standing Poses
Are you a yoga student who wants to build more confidence in class (or your home practice) and would like more instruction on common standing poses? Are you a yoga teacher who would like to review the breakdown of common standing poses applying anatomy knowledge and mindfulness? Are you thinking of becoming a yoga teacher but are not ready to make the financial or time commitment for a full 200-Hour yoga teacher training?
This course will cover:
- How to apply the Principles of Alignment to many common standing postures (asanas)
- How to use props to sense and maintain proper alignment in each posture
- Anatomy and physiology of the body parts affected by each posture
- The energetic anatomy of each posture (chakras)
- How to get into, hold, and get out of each posture safely, effectively, and gracefully
You do not have to be a yoga teacher to take this workshop. This course is open to the public. Registered Yoga Teachers may receive 2 hours of Continuing Education credit through Yoga Alliance. Students who are thinking of becoming yoga teachers, but are not yet ready to leap into a 200-Hour intensive training may apply these hours toward a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training through Wise Owl Wellness.
Yoga students will learn:
- How to adjust each posture for proper alignment & safety
- Basic anatomy that will increase body awareness during yoga classes
- Energetic anatomy that will increase sensory awareness during yoga classes
Yoga teachers will learn:
- How to lead their students into & out of each posture safely and gracefully
- Hands on Assists and Ethics of Touch
- Anatomy review
- Bring a yoga mat, if you have one. We have a few to lend at the studio.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Dress comfortably and be ready to move.
- Bring a notebook and pen to take notes and a camera if you wish to take pictures of the poses.
Sunday, October 14, 2018
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
4625 E Broadway Blvd (Broadway/Swan, next to Kontiki, upstairs studio)
$25 if registered by October 12, 2018
$35 after October 12, 2018
Registration is required for this course.
This course is 2.0 contact hours Continuing Education credits through Yoga Alliance. If you are not yet a yoga teacher, you may apply these hours toward a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training through Wise Owl Wellness.
9:30 - 10:30 AM
Tucson Center for Creative Dance 3131 E Cherry Ave. (Fort Lowell/ Cherry by Nature Conservancy)
Join Kristy on the dance floor for a movement experience like no other. Blending dance arts, martial arts, and healing arts, Kristy will take your body on a journey that engage your mind, nourish your emotions, and free your soul.
No experience is necessary. The Nia Technique is suitable for all ages, shapes, sizes, and abilities. It is gentle to the body, so we dance barefoot. Wear some comfortable clothes that you can move freely in, and bring a water bottle. Expect to sweat and have FUN!
With over 11 years of experience, Kristy is a Brown Belt Nia Teacher who has used the Nia Technique to help people all over the country feel better in their bodies. In 2010, she received funding to start a clinical trial to study the effects of Nia on the quality of life among women treated for breast cancer at the University of Virginia.
Come and move your body. You'll be glad you did!
$13 Drop In
$60 for 5 Class Card (save $5)
$100 for 10 Class Card (save $30)
Purchase your class cards now.